Last updated: 08/04/2020
We are continuing to analyse our services and we further adjusted timetables on several routes from Monday 30th March to match supply to the current demand and preserve the longevity of the Company. This means that we are providing a base-level service on most of our routes, allowing key workers and those who need to make essential journeys (such as to access essential supplies) to continue travelling.
Following feedback from key workers, further timetable changes were introduced from Sunday 5th April. Thank you to everyone who took their time to complete the online form and get in touch.
If any other key workers believe that our reduced timetables don't meet their needs, we are encouraging them to contact us with the details of the journey they are trying to make, and we will do our best to help. Further details are available below.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fast-moving and this may mean further changes. As soon as these are confirmed, we will communicate the information to our customers.
On 10th April (Good Friday) and 13th April (Easter Monday), your bus services will be running to COVID-19 Sunday timetables. The timetables are available below.
Both of our Travel Shops (Queen's Lane and Gloucester Green) will be closed from Friday 10th April until further notice.
Temporary service changes valid from 30th March
In summary, our services were revised from 30th March and they operate to the following frequencies from Mondays to Fridays:
- River Rapids X38/X39
- The only X39 journey to operate is the 06:15 departure from Reading from the Saturday timetable. Service X38 operates hourly between Oxford and Henley to provide a bus up to every 30 minutes between Wallingford and Oxford.
- Sorry, no X38 service operates between Henley and Reading. Other bus services are available.
- Sorry, there is no NX40 service.
- NX2 - Sorry, no service
- X32/X33/33 - Services operate to a modified Saturday timetable as follows on Mondays to Saturdays:
- X32 - Saturday timetable apart from the 02:23 journey from Didcot to Oxford which doesn't operate.
- X33 - Saturday timetable operating journeys between Abingdon, Stratton Way and Didcot, Orchard Centre only. Please use the X32 service as an alternative for travel between Didcot and Wantage.
- 33 - Sorry, no service (as normal on a Saturday).
- ST1 - Special timetable on Mondays to Fridays.
- 38 - Sorry, no service
- 41 - Normal Monday to Friday service
- 45 - Sorry, no service
- 67/67C - Normal Saturday service
- 94/94S - Monday-Friday school holiday service
- 96 - Sorry, no service
- 97 - Sorry, no service
- 98 - Up to every 30 mins between Great Western Park and Didcot Parkway
- 99 - Reduced timetable: service operates at 07:47 and 08:16 from Great Western Park to Milton Park, and at 16:30, 17:00 and 17:30 from Milton Park to Great Western Park.
- 136 - Saturday service
- 143/BB3 - Normal Monday to Friday service
- BB1/BB1A/BB1B, BB2, BB4, BB5 - Sorry, no service
Saturday service operates as described above for Monday to Friday except the following:
- ST1/ST2 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 41 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 94/94S - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 99 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 143 - Normal Saturday service
A normal service operates on Sundays.
Additional journeys for key workers from 5th April 2020
Following feedback from key workers, further timetable changes were made to the X2, 11, X40 and ST2 services. Thank you to everyone who got in touch with us requesting those amendments. We’re continuing to review our services during this difficult time and encourage more key workers to contact us if the reduced timetables don’t meet their needs. Further details on how to get in touch with us are available below.
From 5th April 2020, the following changes were made to your services:
- 11 - Special timetable applies from Mondays to Fridays, based on a usual Saturday timetable with an additional journey in the morning from Watlington at 06:50hrs to Oxford.
- X2 - Special timetable applies with an additional journey operating from Mondays to Fridays only.
- X40 - Minor changes were made to the special Sunday timetable.
- ST2 - Special timetable applies.
Customer Services Opening Hours
From Monday 30th March, our Customer Services department is opened 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, customer services is closed.
Travel Shop Opening Hours
From Sunday 29th March, the Gloucester Green Travel Shop is opened 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Saturday and closed on Sundays. Unfortunately, the Queen's Lane Travel Shop on the High Street continues to be temporarily closed until further notice.
From Friday 10th April, both of our Travel Shops (Queen's Lane and Gloucester Green) will be closed until further notice. On bus key top-ups will be available from Sunday 13th April for all 1 week, 4 weeks, 12 trips and any 5 days products.
Concessionary Travel - Helping the Elderly and Vulnerable Passengers
Concessionary pass holders are able to travel free of charge at all times on Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel services in Oxfordshire and the areas of Berkshire served by Thames Travel. This is thanks to support from Oxfordshire County Council, Reading Borough Council and West Berkshire Council. We’re hoping that this will support older and vulnerable people and help them continue to be able to access vital services during this challenging time.
Are you a key worker during the COVID-19 crisis?
Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you’re a key worker and our plans don’t connect you to your critical employment location, please let us know using our online form. We’ll do our best to help.
Special travel needs?
Do you need to arrange transport for you or your key worker colleagues? We have a team ready to help with bespoke travel requirements. Get in touch using our online form to discuss how we can help.