Last updated: 26/05/2020
We are pleased to announce that following the government advice, from Monday 1st June 2020, we will be increasing the number of services and journeys we operate to match the new levels of demand and allow customers to effectively practice social distancing measures.
As the levels of demand increase, it is very important that our customers familiarise themselves with COVID-19 safety guidance when travelling by bus.
The situation in relation to COVID-19 is fast-moving and this may result in further timetable changes. As soon as these are confirmed, we will communicate the information to our customers here.
From Monday 1st June, a normal Monday to Friday timetable will operate on all routes with the following exceptions:
- Journeys that operate on "school days only" will not operate whilst journeys that operate during "school holidays only" will operate.
- X2, X32 and X40 journeys that operate on Fridays only will not operate. X2 and X40 journeys that operate Mondays to Thursdays only will also operate on Fridays.
- The first ST2 journey to the JR Hospital will continue to start from Wytham, Field Station at 0700 before continuing as per the normal timetable from Frideswide Square at 0713.
- Sorry, the 45, the NX2 and NX40 services will not operate.
Saturday and Sunday timetables will remain unchanged (as per 5th April) for the time being. For more details please see below.
In summary, our services are temporarily operating to the following frequencies from Mondays to Fridays:
- River Rapids X38/X39/X40/NX40
- Service X40 is operating to an hourly frequency between Oxford and Reading. The timetable is based on a Sunday timetable with additional early and late trips based loosely on the Saturday journeys.
- The only X39 journey to operate is the 0615 departure from Reading from the Saturday timetable.
- Service X38 operates hourly between Oxford, St Aldates and Henley. Sorry, no X38 service operates between Henley and Reading. Other bus services are available.
- The X38 and X40 are coordinated to provide a bus up to every 30 minutes between Wallingford and Oxford.
- Sorry, there is no NX40 service.
- X2 - Up to every 30 mins between Didcot and Oxford, and hourly service between Didcot and Wallingford, based roughly on a Saturday timetable with the last journeys as per the normal Monday to Thursday timetable. Please see the special timetable below for details. Sorry, there is no NX2 service.
- X32/X33/33 - Services operate to a modified Saturday timetable as follows:
- X32 - Saturday timetable apart from the 0223 journey from Didcot to Oxford which will not operate.
- X33 - Saturday timetable operating journeys between Abingdon, Stratton Way and Didcot, Orchard Centre only. Please use the X32 service as an alternative for travel between Didcot and Wantage.
- 33 - Sorry, no service (as normal for a Saturday service).
- ST1 - Special timetable on Mondays to Fridays. Please see the special timetable below for details.
- ST2 - Special timetable in operation with service operating up to every 2 hours between Wytham and the JR Hospital from Mondays to Fridays. Please see the special timetable below for details.
- 11 - Special timetable will apply based on a usual Saturday timetable with an additional journey in the morning to Oxford from Watlington at 0650 to support key workers. Please see the special timetable below for details.
- 38 - Sorry, no service.
- 41 - Normal Monday to Friday service.
- 45 - Sorry, no service.
- 67/67C - Normal Saturday service.
- 94/94S - Monday to Friday school holiday service.
- 96 - Sorry, no service.
- 97 - Sorry, no service.
- 98 - Up to every 30 mins between Great Western Park and Didcot Parkway.
- 99 - Reduced timetable: service operates at 0747 and 0816 from Great Western Park to Milton Park, and at 1630, 1700 and 1730 from Milton Park to Great Western Park.
- 136 - Saturday service.
- 143/BB3 - Monday to Friday school holiday service.
- BB1/BB1A/BB1B, BB2, BB4, BB5 - Sorry, no service.
Saturday service operates as described above for Monday to Friday except the following:
- ST1/ST2 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 11 - Normal Saturday service.
- 41 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 94/94S - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 99 - No service (as normal on a Saturday).
- 143 - Normal Saturday service.
A normal Sunday timetable operates on all routes apart from the X2, which operates up to every hour to a special timetable, and the X40 with buses from Oxford City Centre starting from St Aldates rather than the Westgate.
Customer Services Opening Hours
From Monday 30th March, our Customer Services department is opened 09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, customer services is closed.
From Friday 10th April, our Gloucester Green Travel Shop is unfortunately also temporarily closed. This means that both of our Travel Shops are temporarily closed during the COVID-19 pandemic until further notice.
Key workers and those making essential journeys can still top up their key cards online or by using the machine at Didcot Parkway railway station. On-bus key top-ups are also now available for all 1 week, 4 weeks, 12 trips and any 5 days products.
Concessionary Travel - Helping the Elderly and Vulnerable Passengers
Concessionary pass holders are able to travel free of charge at all times on Oxford Bus Company and Thames Travel services in Oxfordshire and the areas of Berkshire served by Thames Travel. This is thanks to support from Oxfordshire County Council, Reading Borough Council and West Berkshire Council. We’re hoping that this will support older and vulnerable people and help them continue to be able to access vital services during this challenging time.
Are you a key worker during the COVID-19 crisis?
Our revised times are designed to keep buses running to key hubs. If you’re a key worker and our plans don’t connect you to your critical employment location, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com. We’ll do our best to help.
Special travel needs?
Do you need to arrange transport for you or your key worker colleagues? We have a team ready to help with bespoke travel requirements. Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.